Thursday, November 17, 2016

All Dressed Up and No Where to Run! - The Fifth Series Continues into Day Two

All Dressed Up and No Where to Run! - The Fifth Series Continues into Day Two

- an amateur competitor's perspective

By: Jamie Woodson #68


I had the unique cosmic timing today to be the last competitor in the last holding blind when the judges called it a day!

So much of a national is timing. Based on the rotation and the callbacks to the 5th Series, I knew early this morning that Keeper & I would be "on the bubble" on running today or not. And, we were.

Thanks to some well-timed and loving wisdom my friend and fellow competitor Lydia Fekula #16, I have a pretty aggressive pregame agenda to prepare for an early morning run tomorrow.

Here it is:

1. Enjoy the workers' party and the incredible men and women who are the traffic committee, the grounds crew, the marshals, the game stewards, the bird throwers, the gunners and gun-mothers, the hostess committee, the officers of the Retriever Club, the judges, the field trial committee, the announcers and photographers, the land owners, the sponsors, the test-dog handlers, the news-coverers, and ALL of the dedicated volunteers✅

2. Watch Last Designated Survivor (in process as I type this entry)

3. Take a peek at the Retriever News Blog and the awesome drone shots of my friend Pat Burns of Elite Retriever Training ✅

4. Love on Keeper a little extra ✅ (I'm not saying she got to hang out on the bed for a little while, but I'm just sayin').

5. Enjoy the company of my sweetheart ✅

6. Get a good night's sleep (working on it)

7. Be thankful! ✅

Yep. That's the agenda.

And, if you were wondering... Yes, I do have a patent pending on this incredibly cerebral agenda! 😉

Until tomorrow, may the wind be in your favor and your flyers be friendly!

-Jamie Woodson #68



Jamie Woodson
865.385.1930 (mobile)